Monday 24 November 2008

Practice Magazine Cover- "Zine" Magazine

This is the practice cover of the school magazine "Zine" which I produced in photoshop. I was trying to achieve an urban look by using abstract, rough and edgy effects on the picture. The urban theme is further emphasised by the graffiti font I have used for the title of the magazine. I hand drew this font in photoshop which was quite difficult but because I could not find any urban fonts on my computer, I had to create my own.
I used elements of urban slang such as "garmz" which are terms that a younger urban audience would be familiar with.
The phrase "Welcome to the college life" emphasises that the magazine is a college magazine.
All the coverlines feature college events to attract students to read the magazine.

No comments: